Create engaged learners with this read aloud book companion. Your kindergarten students will learn all about transportation during this unit.
We have created this low prep read aloud activity for you to save time each week! Print your book’s lesson plans, anchor chart headers, anchor chart pieces, student literacy response sheets and your skill assessment in a snap. You can also project the vocabulary and the building background photographs to your students on your whiteboard. You do need to purchase Transportation Past and Present separately. (Book not included.)
The focus for the book is to introduce helpers in our communities. You can create anchor charts to cover the topic. You can also use the provided sorting activity as a whole group activity on chart paper.
- Transportation Past and Present Lesson Plans for 1 Week
- Appetizer Photo (Introduces theme and topic)
- 4 Days of Student Response Pages
- Transportation Sorting Craft
- Cards to discuss different types of transportation
- Anchor Chart Headers (Title of Book, Author, Illustrator)
- Skill Assessment for the Story and Skill