Working on building and writing cvc words has never been so much fun! Keep your students excited and engaged while practicing phonics skills. Your kids create their own game and race against the clock with these powerpoints. They don’t realize they’re working on what you’ve taught the entire time and you get toothy grins in return!
Morning work? End of the day wrap-up? Crazy 20 minutes in your schedule? Don’t waste away those minutes without making them productive! This resource will fit in almost any part of your day for your kids to practice. This PowerPoint allows your students to practice writing short vowel CVC words with a twist. What’s the twist? All of the words are hidden in the beginning sounds of three pictures. Students will write the beginning sound of each picture to reveal the SECRET cvc word. Each of the powerpoints feature twenty words except for short e which has 18 and the mixed vowel set that has 30 words.
Want to see how it works? Check out this video here
Included in this Bundle:
Short A CVC Word Work Interactive Powerpoint: Secret See it. Write it.
Short E CVC Word Work Interactive Powerpoint: Secret See it. Write it.
Short I CVC Word Work Interactive Powerpoint: Secret See it. Write it.
Short O CVC Word Work Interactive Powerpoint: Secret See it. Write it.
Short U CVC Word Work Interactive Powerpoint: Secret See it. Write it.
Short Vowels Word Work Interactive PowerPoint: Secret See it. Write it.
Please note: This resource is also included in a separate bundle.
The Growing Bundle
– Each skill set of PowerPoints comes in 3 versions (automatic transitions, manual and one that stops on the spelling)
– the PowerPoint will transition through an introduction and then into a picture followed by the spelling of the word
– the picture pauses for 18 seconds (mixed vowel set is 15 seconds) to allow the students time to write on their whiteboard, writing app on a device or plain paper
– the spelling shows one letter at a time
– students can call out each letter as it appears
– dependent upon which PPT you use, it will either proceed to the next picture or wait for you to manually click it to the next picture
– the wait time is great to allow students to notice and correct an error. It is also a great time to talk about the correct spelling and cheer for errors and correct spellings. (cheer for errors to encourage writing)
The slide will end when finished. You can leave this on your computer for them to work independently or with a partner during centers/Daily 5 time. All you have to do is teach them how to start the slideshow.
There are no reviews yet.