Morning work? End of the day wrap-up? Crazy 20 minutes in your schedule? This resource will fit in almost any part of your day for your kids to practice. This PowerPoint allows your students to practice writing short i CVC words with a twist. What’s the twist? All of the words are hidden in the beginning sounds of three pictures. Students will write the beginning sound of each picture to reveal the SECRET cvc word. There are twenty pictures included.
Want to see how it works? Check out this video here
This set is also included in TWO bundles. The first is only the short vowel secret cvc words interactive powerpoints. You can find those here
It is also included in The Growing Bundle which includes ALL of the See it. Write it. Interactive Powerpoints. This one will receive future sets at no additional cost to you after your initial purchase.
– the PowerPoint comes in 3 versions (automatic transitions, manual and one that stops on the spelling)
– the PowerPoint will transition through an introduction and then into a picture followed by the spelling of the word
– the picture pauses for 18 seconds to allow the students time to write on their whiteboard, writing app on a device or plain paper
– the spelling shows one letter at a time
– students can call out each letter as it appears
– dependent upon which PPT you use, it will either proceed to the next picture or wait for you to manually click it to the next picture
– the wait time is great to allow students to notice and correct an error. It is also a great time to talk about the correct spelling and cheer for errors and correct spellings. (cheer for errors to encourage writing)
The slide will end when finished. You can leave this on your computer for them to work independently or with a partner during centers/Daily 5 time. All you have to do is teach them how to start the slideshow. This particular set is AWESOME to leave for morning work while you take attendance or if you have a trickling of students incoming. They can grab what they need to write the words and jump right in at anytime.
What do you need? Not much. If you want to do this whole group, just have a class set of something to write on. That’s it. It can be paper/pencil, stylus or fingers for iPads, Boogie Boards, white boards with a dry erase marker and MORE! Be creative and allow your students to practice their word building and reading with some FUN!
There are no reviews yet.