Morning work? End of the day wrap-up? Crazy 10 minutes in your schedule? This resource will fit in almost any part of your day for your kids to practice. This PowerPoint allows your students to practice the cvc short vowel a sound. Want to see it in action?
Here’s how it works: Check out this video
– the PowerPoint comes in 3 versions (automatic transitions, manual and one that stops on the spelling)
– the PowerPoint will transition through an introduction and then into a picture followed by the spelling of the word
– the picture pauses for 12 seconds to allow the students time to write on their whiteboard, writing app on a device or plain paper
– the spelling shows one letter at a time
– students can call out each letter with the PPT
– dependent upon which PPT you use, it will either proceed to the next picture to wait for you to manually click it to the next picture
– the wait time is great to allow students to notice and correct an error. It is also a great time to talk about the correct spelling and cheer for errors and correct spellings. (cheer for errors to encourage writing)
The slide will end when finished. You can leave this on computers for them to work independently or with a partner during centers/Daily 5 time.