Morning work? End of the day wrap-up? Crazy few minutes in your schedule? This resource will fit in almost any part of your day for your kids to practice. This PowerPoint allows your students to practice syllables. I have each of the words in the notes section and a word list at the beginning. Students will say the word and count how many syllables. They have to write the number.
Here’s how it works: Check out this video
– the PowerPoint comes in 3 versions (automatic transitions, manual and one that stops on the spelling)
– the PowerPoint will transition through an introduction and then into a picture followed by the spelling of the word
– the picture pauses for 15 seconds to allow the students time to write on their whiteboard, writing app on a device or plain paper
– dependent upon which PPT you use, it will either proceed to the next picture or wait for you to manually click it to the next picture
– the wait time is great to allow students to notice and correct an error. It is also a great time to talk about the correct spelling and cheer for errors and correct spellings. (cheer for errors to encourage writing)
The slide will end when finished. You can leave this on your computer for them to work independently or with a partner during centers/Daily 5 time. All you have to do is teach them how to start the slideshow.
For Distance Learning, this resource now includes a video of the automatic PowerPoint. You can share the link with your students/parents in a CLOSED LMS setting. You cannot share this link with anyone outside your class, online or any other setting. If you have questions, please ask.