Do your kids need a new way to practice their sight words? This interactive powerpoint gives them just the twist they need to practice their high frequency words. I’ve pulled words from the Fry’s list. This first set includes the first 20 words.
You can use this as morning work or an end of the day wrap-up. Crazy 20 minutes in your schedule? This resource will fit in almost any part of your day for your kids to practice. This PowerPoint allows your students to practice writing and reading sight words with a twist. What’s the twist? All of the words are hidden in the beginning sounds of pictures. Students will write the beginning sound of each picture to reveal the SECRET word. There are twenty words included in this set.
Want to see how it works? Check out this video of the short a version here
This set is included in the Growing Bundle which includes ALL of the See it. Write it. Interactive Powerpoints. This bundle will receive future sets at no additional cost to you after your initial purchase.
– the PowerPoint comes in 3 versions (automatic transitions, manual and one that stops on the spelling slide)
– the PowerPoint will transition through an introduction and then into pictures followed by the spelling of the word
– the picture slide pauses for 15 seconds to allow the students time to write on their whiteboard, writing app on a device or plain paper
– the spelling shows one letter at a time
– students can call out each letter as it appears
– dependent upon which PPT you use, it will either proceed to the next picture or wait for you to manually click it to the next picture
– the wait time is great to allow students to notice and correct an error. It is also a great time to talk about the correct spelling and cheer for errors and correct spellings. (cheer for errors to encourage writing)
The slide will end when finished. You can leave this on your computer for your kids to work independently or with a partner during centers/Daily 5 time. All you have to do is teach them how to start the slideshow. An easy guide is included to show you how to play this in slideshow mode.
This particular set is AWESOME to leave for morning work while you take attendance or if you have a trickling of students incoming in the morning. They can grab what they need to write the words and jump right in at anytime.
What can you use:
– White boards and dry erase markers
– Boogie Boards
– Pencil and paper
– iPads with a writing app such as Doodle Buddy