Phonemic awareness for kindergarten is a necessary component for reading. Along with phonics, word work, small group plans and more – it is a daunting task to get it all planned and prepped. You will get everything you need with The Phonics Diner.
Welcome to The Phonics Diner! The Phonics Diner was created by Angela Griffith from The Daily Alphabet and Keri Brown from Enchanted Kinder Garden. What’s The Phonics Diner you ask? It’s your one-stop shop for phonics and phonemic awareness instruction. In The Phonics Diner, you will find a yearlong curriculum with a focus on differentiating instruction for whole group and small group learners. In this resource, you will find a fun, diner themed curriculum. Our curriculum was designed to reach all ranges of learners that enter your classroom. We have based our Menu, the scope and sequence, on three learning paths. The Phonics Diner is a collection of rigorous, hands-on, and engaging activities for teaching your students each and every single day.
DOWNLOAD the PREVIEW to get a closer look!
What am I purchasing right now?:
– 31 weeks of whole group lesson plans (covers alphabets and word families)
– 155 accompanying whole group PowerPoints (31 weeks of PowerPoints totaling over 5,000 slides)
– The Menu (Scope & Sequence for 36 weeks which includes 5 weeks of review embedded)
– Getting Started File
– 124 Daily Practice Printables
– 26 Alphabet Poems
– 5 Word Family Poems
– Alphabet Line (4 Versions (2 Lined/2 Unlined)
– Sound Chart (4 Versions – use these for Alphabet Buffet letter maps)
– Keyword Cards (17 sounds included: short vowel, ending sounds)
– Word Family Keyword Cards (-ad, -ag, -am, -an, -ap, -ar, -at, -ed, -et, -id, -ig, -in, -ip, -it, -og, -op, -ot, -ub, -ug, -un)
– Yummy Word Cards (sight words) included in 2 sizes
– 222 Sound Sort Cards included (optional printable version or use the sort provided in the PowerPoint)
– 8 Letter Sort Cards per letter included (optional printable version or use the sort provided in the PowerPoint)
– 31 Yummy Word Line Printables (optional version or use the included slides in the PowerPoint)
– 31 Phonics Line Printables (optional version or use the included slides in the PowerPoint)
– Parent Letter
– Binder Cover Printable
Mm, Aa, Ss, Tt, Hh, Pp, Review week, Oo, Dd, Ll, Nn, Cc, Review week, Rr, Ll, Kk, Bb, Ff, Review week, Gg, Ee, Qq, Jj, Vv, Uu, Review week, Ww, Xx, Yy, Zz, Short A Word Families, Short E Word Families, Short I Word Families, Review week, Short O Word Families, Short U Word Families.
What does guided reading in kindergarten look like?
“Research has repeatedly shown that phonics instruction is best when it is systematic and explicit, rather than random and implicit.” – Wiley Blevins. With this thought in mind, we have created a curriculum that focuses on phonological awareness to help students better understand the alphabetic principle. Research has shown that the best indicators of early reading success is attributed to early letter recognition and phonemic awareness. Students should be able to recognize the alphabet in all forms (uppercase, lowercase, different fonts). Students should also recognize that each letter makes a sound and be able to connect the letter to its sound. This curriculum is created to lay the foundation for early reading success.