This chicken life cycle interactive notebook combines the perfect balance of new learning material and life cycle activities to show what was taught. Students will be able to go back and refer to the learning they’ve documented in their interactive notebooks with this chicken life cycle resource resource.
This resource includes 9 basic activities. Some of these activities have multiple uses that you can use over and over again. These activities will help your students show what they’re learning, help to write out their learning, and help improve upon what they think they already know. I’ve included enough opportunities to cover a one to two week teaching period. I have made it very kinder friendly and made the pieces large enough for their little hands to cut. I’ve included previews of each activity before the printables so you can see an option of how it can look. However, these are fairly open activities that can be changed to fit the need of your classroom.
This unit includes a How-To page with every activity. This way, you will be able to see how and why I included each activity.
– 7 covers to choose from
Science Tools Pocket
– Pocket to hold incomplete pieces
– Blank header to focus on current learning topic
– KWL Flap to jot down learning
– A colored fact sheet is included
– This can be shown on board or printed and shown to class.
– A colored and b/w life cycle of a frog poster is included
– Chicken/Eggs/Chicks/Embryos tree map (are, can, have)
– Chicken, Chicks
Life Cycle Sequencing
– Life cycle pictures included plus arrows to show the way chickens change
– 5 included
Life Cycle Flipper
– Show the life cycle of an chicken using flip pages
– Label the parts of a chicken
All about a chicken flap
– 3 flaps on each – students glue down words and match the picture under the flap
Interested in other interactive notebooks?
You can also find this in my GROWING BUNDLE.