Create engaged learners with this back to school read aloud book companion. Character traits, characters, and setting with The Recess Queen.
We have created this low prep read aloud activity for you to save time each week! Print your book’s lesson plans, anchor chart headers, anchor chart pieces, student literacy response sheets and your skill assessment in a snap. You can also project the vocabulary and the building background photographs to your students on your whiteboard. You do need to purchase The Recess Queen, separately. (Book not included)
The focus for the book is to introduce the characters and setting in the story plus character traits for Mean Jean and/or Katie Sue. You can create anchor charts to cover both these topics. You can also use the optional headers for author, character, setting and illustrator.
- The Recess Queen Lesson Plans for 1 Week
- Appetizer Photo (Introduces theme and topic)
- 4 Days of Student Response Pages
- The Recess Queen Craft
- Interactive Notebook Components
- Anchor Chart Headers (Title of Book, Author, Illustrator, Setting, Characters)
- Skill Assessment for the Story